Monday, October 19, 2009

Day Four: A few photos















































































It has proven to be somewhat challenging to post photos since my arrival in Africa, but I have finally managed to pull it off. Here are a few photos of the "compound" where we are staying. I mentioned the vervet monkeys in my last post, and was finally able to catch a few pictures of them this morning. Note the bright blue genitals on the male...fascinating. The goats live here (a mom and a baby) and the two dogs are Jimmy and Nero. They are both old and the poor things are always hot (I can empathize) so they just lay around a lot.


The pool (which is the size of a large hot tub) has been a god send for me. After a day of shlepping around town in the heat and the dirt, it is heaven to come home and have a refreshing dip in the pool. I also love drinking beer whenever I feel like it, because I am "on vacation".

The food here at Red Chilli is quite good. On Sunday there was a BBQ and they even had a home made veggie burger which was delicious. We also had two types of salad and baked potato...all for about $5.00 Cdn. A large beer here costs about $2.50.


We have only been in Kampala for 3 days but it feels like weeks have gone by and Red Chilli feels like "home". We leave for Burundi at 5:00 am on Thursday so we have booked a cab to the airport for 2:30 am...ugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment